If you drive a manual transmission vehicle, the clutch is one of the most sensitive and important pieces of equipment in your vehicle. It will naturally wear out over time, but some of the silly habits we have as drivers can also decrease performance and lead to a shorter clutch lifespan. Replacing your vehicle’s clutch can be high costly. Here’s some advice to help your vehicle clutch last longer that could save you money on repairs.
- Don’t ride the clutch
- Don’t press the clutch pedal while in red-light
- Don’t abuse your clutch on uphill starts
- Use the handbrake while parking
- Change gear quickly
- Don’t use the clutch to keep from rolling backwards on a hill
- Don’t use your clutch to help with braking